Watch the How-To Video
How much does it cost?
|Per Hour Maximum||$14.99|
|Per Day Maximum||$84.99|
|Per Mile After 150 Mile Per Trip||$0.45|
|Driver Protection Fee||$1.00 + tax|
For only $0.41 cents a minute, parking, fuel, insurance, maintenance, cleaning, GPS navigation, 24/7 customer support and roadside assistance are all included. You only pay for the minutes you’re logged into the car. And the charges are billed directly to your credit card.
The more you drive, the cheaper it gets. One hour costs a maximum of $14.99, and a full 24 hours is no more than $84.99. See full pricing chart above.
And there are no hidden costs, security deposits, monthly fees or charges. Finally, you can go for a ride without being taken for one.
Subject to 7.00% tax rate.
(State sales tax: 5.75%, County tax: 0.75%, COTA-Transit: 0.50%)
Ohio State Campus Parking
Parking on campus:
- There are 45 designated car2go spots located throughout The Ohio State University campus.
- These spots are only available for car2go members.
- Please pull all the way forward to allow for “double stacking” of car2go vehicles as needed.
- Spots will be clearly identified by a large car2go sign on a steel pole.
- You may complete your trip only in the following spaces and lots:
- Ag Engineering Lot (5 Spaces) – Near Wood Hayes Drive and Fyffe Road
- St. John Arena North Lot (5 Spaces)*** – Lane Avenue and Tuttle Park Place
- 19th Avenue (4 Parallel Spaces) – Just East of Neil Avenue on 19th
- Ohio Stadium East Lot (3 Spaces)*** – Between The Shoe and Tuttle Park Place
- Neil Avenue (3 Spaces) – Near Mirror Lake
- 12th Avenue (3 + 2 Spaces) – Between College Road and Neil Avenue
- College Road and 11th Avenue Lot (3 Spaces) – Catfish Biff’s Lot
- Lincoln Lot (5 Spaces)*** – Cannon Drive and John H Herrick Drive
- Polo Lot North (6 Spaces) – Off Cannon Drive
- Center for Automotive Research – C.A.R (1 space) on Kinnear Road
- Carmack Lot (4 Spaces) – Near Jesse Owens West, just south of Carmack Road
- Ackerman Lot (2 spaces) – Located at the 600 Ackerman Road
- OSU Airport (Main Lot) – OSU Airport parking available in the main lot off of West Case Road
***You may not complete you trip in these spaces within 24 hours of football game days or other restricted parking special events – always check the car2go app for the “P” parking space to see which spaces are available
Easton Town Center
The Home Area
Begin and end your trip at any City of Columbus on-street parking space that is metered or has a time limit inside the car2go Home Area.
For a more thorough look at parking locations and policies, check out our parking details.
Updated Henderson and High Parking
How to park a car2go at The Parking Spot:
- Enter the lot at 1399 Stelzer Rd., Columbus, OH 43219
- At the entrance, pull up to the left lane and take a ticket. Place ticket in one of the dash slots above the screen.
- Head straight and follow the signs to the car2go designated spaces. You will only be able to end your trip in these specially marked spaces.
- You must end your trip. No stopovers will be allowed.
- Stay at your vehicle and the shuttle will come pick you up.
*If all the spaces are full, follow the signs to overflow parking or see an attendant for instructions on where to park your car2go.
How to pick up a car2go at The Parking Spot:
- Reserve a car2go as soon as your plane lands via the car2go app.
- Go to The Parking Spot shuttle pickup area and tell them you have reserved a car2go. Do NOT rely on the shuttle driver to tell you if there is an available car2go; check your app!
- Before boarding The Parking Spot shuttle, confirm that your car is reserved. Please be aware that reservations last 30 minutes from the time that you book the car.
- Don’t have a smart phone? Dial our call center at 877.488.4224.
- The shuttle will drop you off at the car2go designated spaces.
- Return to the Home Area and end your trip at your final destination.